BANAMEX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BANAMEX

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Snowbird realty Scam

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Snowbird realty Scam Empty
PostSubject: Snowbird realty Scam   Snowbird realty Scam Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 5:02 am

Beware when purchasing real estate in Mexico
06:11 PM Mountain Standard Time on Tuesday, May 2, 2006
By Gary Harper / 3TV reporter
Real estate may seem to be leveling off here in the states, but in Mexico, it remains hotter than ever.
More Info
3 On Your Side
Arizona Department of Real Estate
2910 North 44th Street, Suite 100, Phoenix
For more information, visit www.re.state.az.us.
3 On Your Side says hang on, though, because there could be risks when it comes to buying Mexican property.
For one Valley woman, buying Mexican property was a great investment.
She bought a beach home nearly three years ago in San Carlos and got a great deal.
But her Mexican home has been sold right out from underneath her and she never got a dime.
Kathy James had a spectacular view from that home and it's the very reason she decided to purchase the house in 2003.
"I knew this was the house I wanted to purchase for my husband and our family retirement, vacations," she said.
She bought the 4,400-square-foot, four-story, four-bedroom house for $189,000.
She then spent another $170,000 renovating it.
"People here don't realize how much work it is to purchase a home in Mexico, but, yes, it is well worth it," she said.
Real estate experts claim buying Mexican property these days is easier, but the rules are still very different compared to the states.
Mary Utley is with the Arizona Department of Real Estate and said even though Americans pay for beachfront property, they still can't legally hold the title.
Instead, the title is held in something called a trust.
"That's one last control that the Mexican government has over foreign investors," Utley said.
But that's where James' problems began.
She said she bought her home through Snowbird Realty and used an agent named Catalina Ordaz (Evatt), who was featured in a New York Times article on buying real estate.
James claims she was under the impression that Ordaz-Evatt and Snowbird Realty had established the trust to hold the title.
But James found out recently that there never was a trust, and the home she bought had been sold to someone else.
"This doesn't make sense. We paid our money. We owned the home. How can you take someone's home?" she said.
But the Arizona Department of Real Estate said what happened to James has been known to happen to others who fall in love with Mexican property.
"They go to who they assume is the owner," Utley said. "They are buying it from that individual. A trust is not established. It's just one-on-one contact that is established and in the long run they end up losing their money."
As for James, it's a hard lesson learned and she still can't believe her beach home was sold without her knowledge.
"The locks were changed. There was a for sale sign on my home," she said.
So what happened? 3 On Your Side contacted Ordaz at Snowbird Realty about the sale of James' home.
In turn, her attorney in Mexico wrote 3 On Your Side stating, "This case was tried in Mexico and the courts made a decision. Snowbird Realty was not involved."
But James said Snowbird Realty was involved and there was no court hearing as claimed by Snowbird's attorney. She plans on suing in order to get her home back.
"They took our home illegally," she said.
What happened to James is rare, but the Arizona Department of Real Estate said it does happen.
The agency publishes a guide for you with some tips to keep in mind when looking at investing in Mexican property.
Back to top Go down
https://banamex.forumotion.com
Ann Mann

PostSubject: Snowbird   Snowbird realty Scam Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 5:31 pm

The Ordaz clan must be running around like a head with it's chicken cut off. tongue tongue bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
C and P

PostSubject: Condos   Snowbird realty Scam Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 6:01 pm

Villas Sirenas S.A. de C.V. is managed by Catalina Ordaz de Evatt of San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico and Jon Mellen of Scottsdale, Arizona.

Ordaz de Evatt brings over 25 years of real estate experience in the San Carlos market to Villas Sirenas. As founder of Snowbird Realty, she has extensive knowledge on the sale of land and homes, bank trust titles and other Mexican legal matters.

Mellen – recognized as one of the Southwest’s leading real estate investors – provides the company with more than 40 years of successful development experience. A frequent visitor to the San Carlos area, Mellen’s vision for Villas Sirenas is simple – to provide buyers with a high-quality condominium project – built to American standards – on one of the most picturesque bodies of water to be found anywhere in the world.

Ordaz de Evatt and Mellen met with the Governor of the state of Sonora, Eduardo Bours, on March 30, 2004 as new developers in the San Carlos area. Bours welcomed Ordaz de Evatt and Mellen and encouraged the successful development of Villas Sirenas.

Beware. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Kathy

PostSubject: condo's   Snowbird realty Scam Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 7:06 pm

Lets see,

C&P you and your crowd have previously complained to bravenet and had this site removed. Im my opinion there was nothing wrong and no justification to complain. You say alecs has a right to post and delete its his forum, We it works both ways this is their forum!!! They can post what they like.. And what they post is truth that has been burried in the sand too long..

I like their persistance in wanting to tell it like it is.

Reading your, post to me is nothing more than a threat, lets hope they recorded your IP so they can expose you also!

I also don't think your propergander is equal to alecs deletions so no cookies for you. lol! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
C&P

PostSubject: response   Snowbird realty Scam Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 7:20 pm

Great post Kathy, thanks. cheers
Back to top Go down
resident

PostSubject: Re: Snowbird realty Scam   Snowbird realty Scam Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 9:59 pm

Hummmmm seems like Jon Mellon bailed out. Sold his share to other. Noticed that there is NO work today on Villas. Still title problems....
Back to top Go down
RES

PostSubject: Re: Snowbird realty Scam   Snowbird realty Scam Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 3:21 am

Good for Jon. He got conned by Ordaz. The property is still under title dispute, will probably take years to resolve.
Back to top Go down
More!!

PostSubject: Re: Snowbird realty Scam   Snowbird realty Scam Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 5:28 pm

More C and P

Subject: Please...
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 14:19:47 -0500
To: sancarlosinvestigation@yahoo.com

Whoever this is, please refrain from what you're doing.

I am the webmaster for Snow Bird. You're quite disrespectful and
rude. I know your history, and as an American to another, you are
extremely unethical.

Regards,

ErnestoShe made you do this huh?sancarlosinvestigation@yahoo.com From: "Ernesto" <ernesto@adventurefind.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert Subject: Re: Please... Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 07:34:01 -0500 She made you do this huh?She made me do this? I did it myself you hag. I am part of the family you moron.You're just a slanderous woman who probably has the mark of Satan embedded on your stupid skull. I know what the issues are, you were committing a crime in San Carlos, and this is why you made this silly website, because you have nothing else, nothing at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snowbird realty Scam   Snowbird realty Scam Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snowbird realty Scam
Page 1 of 1